Your stickers are old now and you want to get rid of them. For this reason, this article shows you how to remove stickers from inside rear car window without a scratch on the glass. Of course, you want to leave no mark on the window.
The beautiful sticker from the inside of your rear car window gives it a new desirable look to your vehicle’s interior. However, this is not to be forever as you have to get rid of it to add a new sticker or keep the spot clear.
The question now is, ‘how do you remove the sticker and its remains from the glass?’ Is it even possible to remove the stickers in your rear window without a scratch?
Requirements for Sticker Removal from Rear Car Window Glass
First, you want to gather the requirements. Note that I have mentioned additional things you might want to use in place of the following:
- Cloth or microfiber towel
- Glass cleaner
- Adhesive remover
- Clean razor blade
- Rinsing water
How to Remove Stickers from Inside Rear Car Window
Do the following to remove stickers from inside the rear of your car window:
Dust and Apply Your Glass Cleaner
First, dust the rear area of the window with the sticker. Depending on your glass cleaner solution, spray or apply a glass cleaner on the spot. Ensure to purchase an ammonia-free glass cleaner so that ammonia does not damage the rubber around the rear window spot of your car interior.
There are a couple of ammonia-free products you can purchase from home, including the following:
- Starts working on fingerprints, dirt and other messes even before you wipe
- INVISIBLE GLASS CLEANER: See Why Invisible Glass Cleaner Is The #1 Top Seller In Automotive For Window And Glass Cleaning At Home And In The Car. Get A Superior, Brilliant Clean That’S Instantly Noticeable.
- CLEAR DRY FORMULA: There’S No Streaks, No Drips, And No Mess Thanks To The Invisible Glass Clear Dry Formula. This Unique Formula Contains No Streaky Soaps, Scents, Or Dyes. Absolutely Zero Residue Is Left Behind On Your Glass.
- DEEP-CLEANSING FOAM: This Unique Foam Cleanser Scrubs Deep To Remove Road Grease And Grim, Bugs, Dirt, Bird Droppings, Salt, Mud And More From Your Windshield And Mirrors For A Striking Shine.
- TINT SAFE: Invisible Glass Cleaner Instantly Removes Even The Toughest Grease And Grime Including Fingerprints, Vape And Cigarette Haze, And Gases Released From Plastic Dashboards. Safe For Tinted And Non-Tinted Windows.
- Includes two 19-ounce aerosol cans
When you receive your glass cleaner, apply it on the sticker spot and wipe it down using a soft cloth or microfiber towel. The reason for using a soft or microfiber material is to avoid scratching the surface of your rear window inside the car.
Remove the Sticker
The rear of your interior window is now well-cleaned with the glass cleaner. The next step is to remove the sticker using a special windshield-safe razor blade. Get a razor blade that has no rust or dings so that you do not accidentally scratch the glass of your interior rear window.
You can buy a razor blade scraper to avoid scratching the window glass because it has a handle you can hold instead of directly handling the blade. A regular hard object will scratch the glass.
- 2-Piece razor scrapers and extra 20-piece blades
- Durable metal design, suitable for heavy duty use
- Great for remove stickers, adhesives, labels and glue from cars, metal and plastic surfaces
- Convenient for daily use
Ensure to scrape down the rear interior window area with the razor blade gently. Now, apply the glass cleaner once again so that it forms a slick surface that allows the razor blade to glide through the sticker spot on the glass easily.
You can hold the razor blade at about a 45-degree angle and start separating the sticker from the window. You can also reduce the amount of residue the sticker leaves behind if you peel it while scraping. Make sure to scrape the sticker off your interior carefully to avoid scratching the interior window of your vehicle. Look out for your fingers, cleaner, you do not want to have yourself hurt.
Clean the Leftover Residue
After you completely get rid of the sticker from the inside rear car window, you will be left with sticker residues. You want to remove the residues; this means you additional gentle scraping.
To clean the residues without leaving a scratch, apply the following:
- Safely Restore Your Surfaces - The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
- Trusted #1 Brand For Removing Gooey Messes – Try it on stickers, wax, markers, crayons, glue, tar, window decals, glitter, gum, labels and so much more
- Multiple Uses Around The House – Everything from wine glass label remover, scuff eraser, window sill cleaner, adhesive remover, tar cleaner, crayon drawing eraser, to glue remover
- Great For Teachers and Parents - Use this to remove gum, tape, crayon and sticker residue left behind by kids
- Perfect For Collectors and Thrifters - Safely remove price stickers from gifts, wine glasses, clothing, drinking glasses, used video games and much more
- Medical Adhesive Remover: Uni-Solve Adhesive Remover Wipes Soften Residue From The Appliances And Dressing Tape You Use Every Day. They Minimize Skin Trauma Caused By Adhesive Removal And Keep Your Care Routine Running As Smoothly As Possible.
- Non-Sensitizing And Non-Irritating Wipes: Aloe Soothes And Moisturizes Skin Without Greasiness. These Wipes Have A Pleasant Fragrance With No Harsh Odor, And They Don’T Contain Ozone-Depleting Chlorofluorocarbons (Cfcs
- Convenient Home-Care Supplies: Remove Acrylic-Based, Rubber-Based, And Hydrocolloid-Based Residues From Your Skin. Convenient Packaging Lets You Use Only What You Need So There’S Less Waste.
- How To Use: Hold The Wipe At The Edge Of The Tape Or Appliance And Squeeze It Gently So The Fluid Flows Between The Skin And The Adhesive. Slowly Pull Tape And Keep Liquid At The Line Of Adhesive. Cleanse Skin Thoroughly With Water And Pat Dry. Do Not Apply To Open Wounds Or Mucous Membranes.
If you have adhesive left, you can remove them with your razor. Apply the similar earlier technique we used to remove the sticker.
Use Glass Cleaner
If the adhesive sticks, use glass cleaner again to get it off. Repeat the first step, apply the cleaner and wipe it down with a soft cloth or microfiber towel. You no longer need a razor blade. Make sure to also remove the adhesive.
Dry the Spot
Finally, you want to rinse off the spot using clean water. Soak the towel in the water and rinse off the glass. Be careful not to splash water on the seats of your car interior. You can also apply a detailing spray after getting off the chemical from the rear window of your car’s interior.
Alternative Ways to Get Sticker Off the Inside Rear Car Window
As mentioned earlier, stickers could be adding beauty to your car interior but you have to get rid of them when the beauty is no more. Note, however, that the first step above can remove stickers from inside rear car window but you can always consider these alternatives:
Windex and Razor
You can heat your rear interior window glass. However, some dealerships use a simple straight razor blade and Windex to remove a window sticker without damaging the paint. Simply spray Windex over the spot with sticker and scrape it off with your razor blade at an angle. If you have residues left, you can further clean them off with more Windex using fine steel wool.
A pack of water can remove a sticker from your rear interior window. Allow the ice to cool off on the sticker spot and it peel it off without leaving a scratch.
You can use rubbing alcohol to clean the sticker of your interior rear car window. Wait a few minutes after applying rubbing alcohol for it to react. Gently peel the sticker off the window without scratching it.
You can be able to use hot water in the place of a glass cleaner. Apply the hot water on the sticker with drops of liquid soap. Keep wiping the area of the rear window until the sticker goes off.
You can also remove a sticker from the rear of your car window using WD-40. First, spray WD-40 on the sticker and wipe it away after a few minutes.
Read also: no leaks or smoke but oil fries faster, why?
The razor blade you use to scratch the sticker off the window of your car interior can damage the surface. What you want to do is to scrape it gently. Make sure to wipe off the chemical after you can confirm that the sticker is off. Clean your car interior seats if you find splashes of the glass cleaner.