With the best tire dressing for UV protection, you’d notice that the tire dressing won’t wear off pretty fast. If you’re thinking of switching from your current brand or you would be using tire dressing for the first time, this review recommends the best that other people are using.
Most damage to tire sidewalls comes from UV rays—Endurance Warranty Services, LLC. Thus, to protect your tires, you want to keep them out of the sun with tire dressing. Note that tire protectants are not an all-purpose tire cleaner, so you have to clean your tires before applying them.
Best tire dressing for UV protection
We understand your need for an effective tire protectant to give your car tires a darkening appearance and UV rays protection. As such, this compilation is based on real product tests and other consumer reviews for the best decision.
We are not one of those paid-to-post publishers. Instead, we pay attention to both positives and negatives and filter out really bad products from our list. That said, below are the best tire dressings for UV protection:
1. Chemical Guys TVD11364 Tire Kicker Sprayable Extra Glossy Tire Shine (Works on Rubber, Vinyl & Plastic) Safe for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, RVs & More, 64 fl oz (Half Gallon)
Chemical Guys have various variants of tire shine for UV protection. The TVD11364 is just of those 1tire kicker variants that make your tires look brand new.
Read also: need a compressor for garage use?
It’s a mild tire dressing and cleaner that won’t leave film leftovers. One thing we like about it is that the tires don’t come out looking unnecessarily shiny. Thus, no dust attraction, debris, or grass clippings.
a. UV protection
Protects against cracking, fading, and discoloration. Apart from your tires, you can apply it to other rubber and plastic trim pieces to protect against harmful rays from the sun, which causes cracks, discoloration, and fading.
b. Dry to the touch
This product won’t make your tire feel greasy and slimy like some bad tire dressing out there. It instead finishes dry to the touch and gives a non-slippery feel, which prevents the attraction of dirt and dust.
c. Easy to apply
It’s sprayable liquid, so you just spray it on the part of the tires exposed to sunlight. Also, the dressing sticks around for a long time.
Read also: will a nail in tire let you drive safely?
If you’re looking for tire shine, this doesn’t last more than a few days, but it does its job of protecting the tires against the UV rays. Make sure you clean the tires before application. We tested this in a fairly dry climate and can confirm that it doesn’t get washed off by the weather.
Another downside is the applicator pads that come with this product—they are “meh” at best.
- RESTORE A BRIGHT, WET SHINE ON TIRES - Tire Kicker Extra Glossy Tire Shine is an easy to apply, sprayable dressing tire dressing that uses refined gloss enhancers & plastic nourishers to penetrate deep into tires and restore a “like-new” lustrous shine.
- USE IT ON ALL YOUR RUBBER, VINYL, & PLASTIC - Tire Kicker not only works to restore and protect your tires, but can be easily applied to any rubber, vinyl, and plastic pieces around your car’s interior and exterior to enhance shine and durably protect.
- PROTECT AGAINST FADING, CRACKING & DISCOLORATION - The sprayable formula in Tire Kicker offers your tires and other rubber and plastic trim pieces durable protection against the sun's harmful rays to help prevent discoloration, fading, and cracking.
- FINISHES DRY TO THE TOUCH - Unlike other tire shines and plastic dressings that leave surfaces feeling greasy and slimy, Tire Kicker Extra Glossy Tire Shine finishes dry to the touch with a non-slippery feel and helps avoid attracting fresh dirt and dust.
- SPRAYABLE FORMULA IS EASY TO APPLY - Tire Kicker comes in a liquid, sprayable form that is easy to apply. Now anyone can achieve a deep shine and add durable protection all on their own.
2. CAR GUYS Tire Shine – Easy to Use Tire Dressing with Applicator Pad – Dry to The Touch with Long Lasting UV Protection – 18 Oz Kit
Gives a pretty decent shine without leaving overspray on the fenders, even after driving off right after applying.
This product is non-greasy, despite giving your tires the needed shine—it uses a unique dry-to-the-touch formula.
b. UV protection
It makes the best tire dressing for UV protection due to its long-lasting UV protection on the tires we’ve tested.
It prevents fading, browning, and cracking. Thanks to its special boost, proprietary, long-lasting polymer additive, you get to enjoy extended longevity.
c. Easy to apply
When apply, you get that high gloss shine to a silky smooth satin finish. It’s a dry-to-the-touch dressing that leaves you with the perfect finish without a horrible run-off sling.
The tire shine tends to fade after a few days but the tires remain clean since this product keeps dirt off better than most others.
- ✅ CAR GUYS Tire Shine is a non-greasy, dry to the touch formula that is super quick & easy to use! Lets you decide your desired level of tire shine, provides long lasting UV protection, and like all our products, it’s backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
- ✅ Quick & Easy to Use! – Everyone is different, with our product, you choose your own look! From a wet looking high gloss shine, to a silky smooth satin finish, the choice is yours! Completely dries to the touch, leaving you with the perfect looking finish, and none of that horrible run-off sling! Comes packaged with an easy-to-use Applicator Pad for quick and precise application onto your tires.
- ✅ Long Lasting Product – The bottle will last long, and the protection will too! Just one layer works to hydrate the surface, and defend against harmful UV rays that cause fading, browning, and cracking. This special product is boosted with a proprietary, long lasting polymer additive that works to extend longevity, and enhance product performance!
- ✅ Why choose CAR GUYS? – We Care About Quality! Our products are made with the latest advancements in science, using the best equipment available. This helps us make consistently high quality products that always work great! Every formula we make is mixed and bottled, in the USA, by hard working Americans!
- ✅ We Care About Customer Satisfaction! – We're Not Happy, If You're Not Happy! If you're not happy with our product, for ANY REASON at all, get in contact with CAR GUYS anytime after your purchase, and we’ll be happy to provide a full refund. So what are you waiting for?! -- Click 'Add to Cart' Now!
Read also: tire wear from the inside and causes
This product works and lasts for some weeks, even in the rain. Just apply this on your tires for a non-glossy finish.
a. Good dressing finish
It gives the tires a matte or satin finish and is non-slick.
b. UV protection
Apart from enhancing tire looks, it adds UV rays protection. It contains special UV blocking agents that leave a protective coating behind.
c. Even tire coating
The result is as expected—even coating. It doesn’t leave glossy residue behind.
The overall result looks professional, with no downsides. Just make sure to clean your tires before application. Otherwise, the finish will have an inconsistent appearance – natural and glossy. Secondly, you’d also have to wipe off the residue with detail product if it rains due to the stained tire appearance.
- Conditions vinyl and rubber
- Provides UV protection
- Leaves surface with a matte or satin finish and non-slick
- Keep your trim looking new
- Use this versatile product on tires, rubber and plastic trim, interior, engine bay, and more
4. Adam’s Silica Infused VRT Tire & Trim Dressing – Durable UV Protection and Water Repellent – Leaves a Crisp Freshly Detailed Look – Dress Tires or Trim Without Worry of Slinging (New 16 oz)
Does not look all greasy when dirt and debris stick to it. Moreover, rain doesn’t take it off. Even if you tried scrubbing it off, you’d face difficulties.
a. UV protection
It protects the tires from harmful UV rays, thanks to its durable SPF 35 layer and silica polymers.
b. Uses water-based formula
Lots of products in the market you use to dress your tires use silicones and waxes. However, this Adam’s Silica is water-based and formulated to give your tires the shine.
c. Water repellent
During the test, VRT creates a water repellent layer on the tire surface. Thus, water doesn’t get to stick around, which in turn provides a long-lasting coating against UV rays. When driving in wet, water beads up as if your tires are coated in wax.
This product lasts for several weeks on tires, especially if you park in relatively dry environments. When exposed to substantial rain and water puddles, it won’t last as long, which is understandable.
- ✅ SiO2 INFUSED WATER-BASED, SATIN FINISH - Dress your tires and trim with a water-based dressing leaving them looking like new! Adam’s VRT allows you to protect your plastics and tires with a durable SPF 35 layer of UV protection and silica polymers. SiO2 silica polymer technology allowed us to make an already great product even BETTER!
- ✅ FORMULATED FOR VINYL, RUBBER, TIRES, AND TRIM - Many products on the market can dress your trim and plastics, but most are packed with silicones and waxes that dry out your trim! This product is water-based and formulated to outshine the competition not only in performance, but also in customer experience so your rubber, trim and plastics will thank you!
- ✅ DRIES FLAT, NO WORRY OF SLING ON YOUR PAINT - When dressing tires and vinyl, you want something that is going to adhere to keep the shine lasting longer than a couple days! Adam’s VRT is cream-like formula that allows you to spread the chemical evenly over the surface and thoroughly soak the areas you want to treat.
- ✅ WATER REPELLENT - VRT creates a water repellent layer on the surface you’re protecting! This advanced formulation reduces the surface tension you’re applying VRT to and allows the water to not have a chance at sticking around! Tires? Water will bead up as if you coated the rubber in wax! Vinyl or Trim? The water stays at the surface to avoid any chance at penetrating the surface and creating unsightly water spots.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Proudly crafted in the USA, this state of the art vinyl, rubber, trim, and tire dressing is specially formulated to be the best water-based vrt dressing that you have ever used. We believe that this is THE BEST no-sling tire dressing on the market! If you don’t agree, we’ll do everything we can to make it right.
5. Tire Dressing, Tire Protectant, No Tire Shine, No Dirt Attracting Residue 16.9oz Natural Satin/Matte Finish, Aircraft Grade Rubber Tire Care Conditioner, Better Than Automotive Products
Just spray on it and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes for maximum UV rays protection. You can then follow up with the washwax.
For this product to be the tire dressing for UV protection you need, use it as directed. Below are its upsides:
a. Gives black satin/matte finish
Use as directed for a dry to the touch black satin/matte finish. It does not attract debris or dirt, so your tires stay cleaner for a longer time and repellent against harmful UV rays.
b. UV protection
Made with triple nano polymer formula for the best UV protection.
This product is not your go-to tire dressing or tire protectant if you’re looking for a wet and shiny tire look. Note that products that wet your tires will attract dust.
- PLEASE DO NOT BUY OUR Tire Dressing / Tire Protectant IF YOU WANT A WET, DIRT ATTRACTING, SHINY LOOK TO YOUR TIRES.
- When used as directed, Rubber Care will leave a beautiful dark black satin/matte look that is dry to the touch and will not attract dirt. This means the rubber will stay cleaner longer and be easier to keep clean. SEE EXAMPLE PHOTOS ON THE LEFT
- Rubber Care is a high quality Aircraft grade Rubber treatment and conditioner. Restores and protects Rubber & Plastics. Meets Boeing Aircraft Specification D6-17487T
- TRIPLE NANO POLYMER FORMULA gives you the Best UV Protection In the Industry! Automotive products can't even come close! Excellent on tires, weather stripping, and any rubber or plastic item. Safe on all aircraft surfaces, also a great product for Cars, Trucks and RV's. Once you use aircraft quality products you will never want to use automotive products again.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
6. Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 VRP Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic Non-Greasy Dry-to-the-Touch Long Lasting Super Shine Dressing for Tires, Trim and More, Safe for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, RVs & More, 16 fl oz
Before you use this product, make sure to prepare your tire surface. Besides, in any application of sealant, wax, and surface enhancer, to mention a few, you always have to prepare the surface. Otherwise, the protectant won’t work as expected. No sling or mess noticed after application.
a. UV protection
This product restores the deep black look and enhances the shine on your tires as if you’re just leaving the showroom. Sunlight won’t also reach your exposed tire surfaces, thus, no cracking, discoloration, or quick fading.
b. Water-based tire dressing
Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 VRP Vinyl is completely water-based and designed to restore and protect the deep, black shine on your vehicle tires.
Not the greasy type of tire dressing you find in the market. It’s water-based and non-greasy, so you don’t get the deep, wet finish on your tires that attract dirt and dust.
d. Dry to the touch formula
Made of premium dry-to-the-touch formula to keep your tires from attracting dirt or dust in all weather conditions.
Honestly, this is a great product with no downside. It does its job uniquely and perfectly—no slings on the tires.
- THE ULTIMATE PROTECTION - VRP is an easy-to-use protectant that restores a deep black look, enhances shine, and protects vinyl, rubber, and plastic surfaces against harmful weather conditions and extreme heat.
- IT'S ALL ABOUT RESULTS - Vinyl, rubber, and plastic trim are sensitive to fading and staining caused by harmful weather conditions; VRP helps restore a like-new appearance to exterior and interior surfaces; The premium water-based cream dressing nourishes and protects to restore a deep-black shine.
- NON GREASY WATER BASED FORMULA - Achieve a non greasy deep wet look on both interior and exterior vinyl, rubber, plastic and tires with this water based dressing. Quick and easy application with no sling and no mess.
- DRY-TO-THE-TOUCH FORMULA: Premium sprayable VRP Super Shine Dressing finishes dry-to-the-touch and will not attract dirt or dust. Easy to use premium spray keeps exterior rubber and plastic looking great in all weather conditions.
- THE #1 BRAND IN CAR CARE - Beginners and professionals alike choose Chemical Guys, not only for the finest car care products, but the world class customer support and vast detailing knowledge; Chemical Guys is more than a brand - it's a lifestyle with a worldwide following
General steps to apply tire dressing
Follow the steps below for the best result:
a. Prep your tires
Don’t apply the tire dressing without preparing your tires, especially the surface exposed to the sun. You want to work on a cool, clean, and dry tire.
b. Shake the solution
Shake the can containing the solution well enough before application. When your tires dry, apply the protectant for UV rays protection, and durable shine.
c. Spray on the tires
Hold your tire dressing can about 4-6 inches away from the tire and spray directly in a thin, uniform pattern. For narrow sidewalls, hold the can closer.
d. Wipe off excess residue
When done, wipe off any excess residue on the tire—use a microfiber towel. Finally, allow at least 5-10 minutes before adding additional layers as required.
No tire dressing/protectant for UV rays will last on a dirty tire, so ensure that the tires are clean and dry before application. Remember that your dressing is not a tire cleaner, but rather a protectant.