Last Updated on August 29, 2022 by Bernard Juchli
Your baby will be facing the rear while you drive, so you need the best back seat mirror for baby to keep in touch with them. A rear mirror lets you take a peek when you look back to ensure your baby is resting fine—you don’t have to pull over to check on them.
However, rear seat mirror is a non-regulated aftermarket product. Some manufacturers have a label that says “Crash Tested”, but this is misleading—nothing in the federal safety standards covers these products.
Thus, you want to get a rear seat mirror made of soft, flexible materials that can be tethered to reduce risks in an accident. Note that the mirror can be distracting, so ensure to only check on your baby after a complete stop in a safe spot or if you’re not the driver.
Best back seat mirror for baby
We don’t like being cheerleaders for products we’ve not tested, so we carefully make the pick for your baby’s safety. Our test model is based on what we think and what a majority of reviewers think about the product. Of course, we care about your little one and would not risk a compromise.
Below are the best back seat mirrors for baby to buy:
1. Leo and Ella Baby Car Mirror Safety First, Certified Crash Tested for Rear Facing Baby Car Seat Shatterproof Mirror with Adjustable Safety Mount Crystal Clear View of Newborn
Quite large and clear. It comes with a swivel but you need your hands to position it. It doesn’t move, so the mirror does not reposition when you match the brake suddenly or stop slow.
a. Offers a clear view
Made of crystal clear acrylic glass, keeping your eyes on the baby gets easier with just a glance.
b. Faster installation
Took us 30 seconds to install once you’ve taken it out of the box. To install, you just tie and adjust the straps on your rear seat.
c. Not shaky on bumpy roads
It comes with double straps for a firmer grip. Once you set it to a particular position, it stays there.
d. Large in size and shatterproof
It’s large and at the same time offers ultra HD clarity. Leo and Ella, the manufacturer, claims that the baby back seat mirror has been lab-tested for shatter—it’s an acrylic mirror.
Honestly, no downside. Won’t shatter in a crash, so your sweet baby is safe.
- Drive with Baby in Sight - Drive with peace of mind knowing your baby is safe in the back. Leo & Ella’s rear-facing car mirror for baby features a larger convex and fully rotational design. It can be rotated 360°, and it gives a clear view of your infant from any angle.
- Made Safe for Baby - The design of our baby car mirrors follows safety measures for your little passenger. Each backseat mirror is made heat-resistant and smooth on the surface.
- Exceptional Quality - This baby car mirror uses ABS shatterproof acrylic glass with a thick matte border and a double-secure strap system. The extra-strong padded mount ensures that the car mirror is firmly fastened to the headrest, keeping your baby safe during the ride.
- No Assembly Needed - Our baby car seat mirror offers a quick and easy installation in under 30 seconds. Each car seat mirror comes fully assembled and ready to use, ideal for parents who are always on-the-go. Just tie and adjust the straps to secure the car mirror, and you’re all set!
- Safety-Tested - Unlike substandard baby car accessories that pose a danger to your child, this baby mirror is safe and functional for daily commutes and long drives. Our baby essentials are crafted and inspected to ensure the highest levels of safety in case of a crash.
2. Shynerk Baby Car Mirror, Safety Car Seat Mirror for Rear Facing Infant with Wide Crystal Clear View, Shatterproof, Fully Assembled, Crash Tested and Certified
This is another best back seat mirror for babies with self-explanatory installation. You don’t even need the instruction manual to strap it right—just click in the two straps and two buckles to keep this baby mirror in place in your car.
a. Large, crystal clear, and adjustable
Quire wide and the clarity is crystal. It also comes 360-degree adjustable, making it easier to position your best viewing angle to keep the baby in sight.
b. Crash tested
Shynerk claims this is safety certified and crash tested. Since it uses shatterproof, acrylic glass, this is safe for your baby in the case of an accident or a crash.
c. Easy to install on most vehicles
All you have to do is to tighten the straps to your moveable headrest. It’s compatible with most cars, vans, trucks, and SUVs.
Read also: check this natural dash cleaner we reviewed
This rear baby mirror is thin but sturdy. It comes with a protective film that prevents scratches during delivery. It’s generally excellent and has no downside on your newborn while driving.
- Extra wide crystal clear reflection and 360 degree adjustable: easily pivot to your desired viewing angle, it allows you to keep your lovely baby in sight and look good after him or her all the time.
- Safety certified and crash tested: design of shatterproof acrylic glass, strongly tied up by heavy duty straps,full rotation with hinge, even in a crash or accident you can ensure your baby's safety.
- Easy to tighten straps: easy straps to your moveable headrest and give you an unbreakable 360 degree swivel travel.
- Fits most of cars, trucks, vans suvs and place of back seat. provides you perfect view.
- Shynerk baby mirror: if you find anything wrong with your baby mirror, do not hesitate to let us know and we will take care of it. Your pleasure is paramount.
3. Car Mirror Baby Rear Facing Seat，Baby Car Mirror Safely Monitor Infant Child in Rear Facing Car Seat, See Children or Pets in Backseat， Best Newborn Car Seat Accessories, Shatterproof
This is a plastic that still gives a crystal view like a glass mirror. It takes 60 seconds to mount. The plastic does not smell, and it arrives in a nice package.
a. Wide angle convex
The angle is extra wide for a panoramic baby view while driving.
b. Made of shatterproof material
Like others on this list, this rear seat mirror for baby is made of ABS plastic frame and PMMA unbreakable lens. The surface is a shatter-proof acrylic glass you can be confident won’t hurt the baby in a crash.
c. 360 Adjustable
Supports 360 degrees adjustability. When you strap this rear-facing mirror to your pivoting backrest attachment, you can move it to any desired angle in your vehicle interior for a clearer view of your baby.
There are no negatives to report. This is the baby mirror you’re looking for to get your baby the needed rear sit safety while glancing at them whenever you have to.
4. Baby Car Mirror, DARVIQS Car Seat Mirror, Safely Monitor Infant Child in Rear Facing Car Seat, Wide View Shatterproof Adjustable Acrylic 360°for Backseat, Crash Tested and Certified for Safety
This DARVIQS car seat mirror gives a wide reflection, making you see a good deal—you can see most of your baby’s rear car seat.
Comes with support for 360-degree adjustability, letting you set the mirror to any angle you prefer.
This back seat mirror is made of shatterproof acrylic glass. Once attached, you can be sure that your baby is safe in the case of any impact.
c. Easy to install
The installation is a breeze. All you have to do is fasten the straps to the headrest of your vehicle’s backseat. Finally, adjust the viewing angle to your rearview mirror and it’s done.
d. Fits most vehicles
Tested on most vehicles, including trucks, vans, and SUVs—works excellently when strapped to the back seat.
The only minor downside (which may not apply to everyone) is that the support attaches to the top side of the mirror. As such, the mirror would not point as low as required since it hits the headrest.
However, you can fix this by flipping the mirror upside-down to get a full motion range. Otherwise, this is a decent baby backseat mirror for your baby—highly recommended.
- Always Keep Your Baby in Sight: With a large mirror size of 7.4x11.8” and its convex shape, you’ll always be able to tell at a glance if your little one is doing okay. Plus, with a 360-degree joint it’s fully adjustable so you can angle it perfectly.
- Safety Certified and Crash Tested: Design of Shatterproof Acrylic Glass, strongly tied up by heavy duty straps, full rotation with hinge, in the event of a Crash or Accident you can make sure of your baby’s safety.
- Simple Installation: We’ve made installation a breeze. Simply fasten the straps to your car’s backseat head rest, adjust the viewing angle to your rearview mirror and you’re all set.
- One Size Fits All: No assembly required and it fits in all vehicle types. Fits most cars, trucks, vans SUVs and any place of back seat. Installs in seconds, no tools required.
- Shatterproof Design and Steady Construction: This carefully designed baby mirror for cars is made of shatterproof glass and features an extra durable strapping system to ensure that the mirror will firmly stay in place even through bumpy roads.
5. Onco Baby Car Mirror Rear-facing – Car Mirror Baby Rear Facing Seat, Baby Essentials for Newborn, 100% Shatterproof Baby Mirror for Car, 360° Car Seat Mirror Rear Facing Infant
We had this tested on a Toyota Camry with fixed headrests. This works perfectly and also stays in place for you to see your baby, even on bumpy roads.
This rear car mirror for baby is made of 100% shatterproof plastic. It won’t also wobble after placement and won’t shatter if you get in a crash or severe impact.
It allows 360-degree rotation, so you can adjust it to any angle in seconds to get a clearer view of your baby.
c. Installs within seconds
If you’re a busy parent, this back seat mirror is for you. The adjustable straps will take only less than 30 seconds of your time to install or remove.
There are no negatives to write about—it does the work perfectly and lets you keep an eye on the baby, even while driving on bumpy roads.
- Peace of mind: Keep an eye on your child in the back seat and provide some additional entertainment with this handy and durable baby car seat mirror. A baby car essential designed for safe travel!
- Safety first: The wide car mirror is made from 100% shatterproof plastic. Once secured, the baby rear view mirror for car journeys stays in place and won’t wobble
- 360° rotation: Equipped with a 360° rotation feature, this baby back seat mirror lets you adjust its angles in seconds to fit your and your baby's needs
- Easy to install: Designed with busy parents in mind, the back seat mirror for infants features adjustable straps that are quick and easy to install and remove
- Baby Necessities: Thanks to its adjustable straps and 3 attachment options, the back seat baby mirror makes a great choice for all types of headrests! The infant car mirror is quick and easy to install and remove
Read also: keep sunlight off baby’s eyes with this…
6. So Peep Baby Car Mirror – Adjustable, Extra Large Backseat Safety Mirrors with Wide-Angle View and Headrest Straps for Rear-Facing Infant Car Seats – Newborn Essentials
We’d give this product 10 stars if that was possible. The mirror is pretty large and sturdy and you can use the swivel feature to position it how you prefer.
a. Easily adjustable
This So Peep baby mirror for car rear seat lets you conveniently pivot to any angle to get a clearer picture of your little one in the back seat while on the road.
b. Installs in a breeze
You don’t need tools to install it. It takes just 30 seconds to strap to the headrest, tighten, and adjust the angle to put your baby in the picture.
Not only is it sturdy, but it is also shatterproof—made of acrylic glass for durability and reliability for baby safety in any impact.
d. Once fastened, stays fastened
The rear mirror won’t shake or slide, even on a bumpy ride. It comes with a double-strap system, which means the mirror stays in place strapped to the headrest for your convenience.
This comes at a little wider angle, making your baby look smaller in the view. However, it covers most of the rear seats. This is not a problem at all since it works well enough for quick peeks but is not the best for checking if your little one is asleep or drooling.
7. Sunferno Baby Car Mirror | Shatterproof, No Assembly Required, Adjustable | Rear Facing Car Seat Mirror for Effortlessly Monitoring Your Child in the Back Seat | Toddler Infant Carseat Mirror for Car
The production quality feels superior and this baby car mirror provides an ultra-wide field of vision—you can easily tell what your baby is up to from either the front passenger or driver’s seat. Moreover, installation is a breeze.
a. Fast installation
Just 30 seconds and you’re done securing this back seat mirror safely to the backseat. It comes with 2 straps.
You can pivot the mirror for the best view of your baby in the rear seat.
c. Mirror straps firmly
Once you strap it in, you can focus on driving only. The mirror stays in place and won’t loosen even on a bumpy road. Thus, no need to come to a frequent stop to reposition the angle.
d. Crash-safe and shatterproof
This mirror is made of ABS & Acrylic material and is reliable and safe for babies during an impact or a sudden stop.
No downside here. However, it would be even better to have a locking screw to make sure the mirror never moves at all after installation. Overall, it’s a happy buy and highly recommended to anyone.
- EMPOWERING PARENTAL BOND : Strengthen the bond between you and your baby by maintaining an unbroken connection with our baby backseat car mirror, even while on the road. Our 360 Degree compact mirror empowers you to be present for your child no matter where you go. With the super wide view the car mirror provides, you can have peace of mind while driving by effortlessly monitoring your baby.
- CRYSTAL CLEAR VIEW - Our rear facing baby car seat mirror features a large, Acrylic convex mirror that provides a wide-angled view, allowing you to see your baby clearly and check on their safety without having to turn around.
- EMPOWER SAFE DRIVING : Maintain your focus on driving safely while having the confidence that your baby is visible at all times. Our munchkin car mirror that doesn't require constant re-adjustment contributes to a safer driving experience. We are also providing chaild safety with car seat accessories.
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE : Your satisfaction and your baby's safety are our top priorities. Don't hesitate – order now to enjoy the peace of mind and convenience this compact car mirror brings to your journeys.
- VERSATILE COMPATIBILITY : Our baby car seat mirror is compatible with most car models and car seats. Whether you have a fixed headrest or not, this mirror can be easily installed, making it a must-have for all parents who want to keep an eye on their little one while driving.