Do you need the best twin car seat stroller combo? Apparently, you’re looking for what you can use both as strollers and also snap out as car seats.
Practically, any stroller and car seat combination works great, safety-wise. What you need, if you have two babies, is a twin stroller that offers the same features on both seats such as reclining. Besides, a stroller should come with a comfy seat that fully reclines for a baby to lie flat on their back—Kinderwagon.
You’d also have to consider if you need a stroller with your babies sitting front and back or next to each other, etc.
Types of stroller options
There are basically 4 stroller options you can pick from, including:
a. Side-by-side twin strollers
This baby stroller option will not fold small. However, a side-by-side twin car seat stroller usually takes one car seat since two car seats won’t fit through the door, except for the expensive ones.
A side-by-side stroller car seat has downsides with narrow doorways. Moreover, the aisle width cramps at restaurants and grocery aisles. People are quick to see your twins as they’re presented together and will always leave a comment!
A side-by-side car seat stroller tends to be cuter for older kids—they’re not really cool for newborns since you have to take your babies out of the car seats. Do have in mind that jogging strollers are decent for jogging, but at the expense of other activities such as storage space and maneuverability.
b. Tandem twin strollers
Tandem strollers are typically double strollers—they do not recline both seats. Tandems tend to be heavier and can be tough to maneuver. Handling a tandem car seat stroller usually feels like pushing double shopping carts.
c. Modular car seat strollers
Modulars are stroller seat frames that take both stroller and car seats. and any other combination. Most modulars are more compact than a tandem stroller and are designed such that one kid sits diagonally above the other. This design makes it way more maneuverable than a tandem.
d. Frame strollers
The Baby Trend Double Snap ‘N Go is an example of a frame twin car seat stroller combo on the market. It can hold double car seats, is quite lightweight, and folds easily.
This design lets you tote your babies around but you’d get rid of it when they grow older. It’s much like a tandem and can be difficult to maneuver. Compared to its single model, the twin model can be bendy and flexy.
Best twin car seat stroller combo
As with the tradition of this website, we made the picks based on consumer reviews and reliability. Of course, we’ve put pricing into consideration to make sure to pay less for more. That said, below are the best twin car seat stroller combos to buy:
A granny will call this a baby Cadillac stroller. It offers ample storage space and you get a pedal-back break. The glides are smooth and all pieces are individually lightweight and stable. The base of this car seat is longer but it comfortably fits in the rear seat of a Subaru Crosstrek.
a. Built for twins
You can easily convert this from single to double without additional parts or tools. It comes with a convenient slide and lock system that expands the frame within seconds to accommodate a second infant seat.
b. Multiple Conﬁgurations
It’s built for 2 riders. Kids can sit at various heights—upright or reclined, in parent-facing and forward-facing modes.
c. Modular design
The infant car seat is fixed directly on the frame, so the toddler seat is easily convertible to infant mode.
d. Self-standing fold
The compact fold can stand on its own while the toddler seat is attached.
This twin car seat stroller combo is worth every penny and is durable. However, the wheels feel wobbly after some time, especially if you have a chunky toddler. The seats look a little small for a tall 3-year-old, so they have to slump in the seat to fit. Chunky babies might have a tough time with the infant seat.
- Single To Double : Stroller grows from single to double with no tools or extra parts needed. Easy slide and lock system expands frame in seconds to accommodate a second toddler or infant seat
- Up To 22 Conﬁgurations : The unique design accommodates one or two riders. Infants and children can sit at various heights, upright or reclined, in both parent-facing and forward-facing modes
- Modular Design: Infant car seat sits directly on the frame, and the toddler seat easily converts to infant mode, cradling baby at a comfortable angle
- Self-Standing Fold: The compact fold conveniently self-stands, with toddler seat attached
The ride is quite smooth, which is an important consideration when investing in the best twin car seat stroller combo. The Summer infant 3DPac CS+ folds conveniently and in thirds. Even at 6 feet tall, there’s no problem kicking the foot brake or with the handlebar heights.
a. Feels lightweight
This feels lightweight at 23 lbs.
b. Car seat compatible
This twin stroller is compatible with the following only:
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35
- Summer Affirm 335
- Chicco Keyfit 30
- Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35
- Chicco Fit2 & Baby Trend Secure Snap Gear 35
However, you can only use one car seat at a time, and you don’t require an adapter.
c. Comes with flip-out visors
Its 2 large canopies come with flip-out visors and peek-a-boo windows to keep your kids from sun rays.
d. Up to 100 lbs. capacity
It holds up to 100 pounds—50 pounds per seat.
No big negatives to criticize. However, the umbrella could have offered more coverage. A snack tray is absent but it comes with a side pocket in the seat for kids (if you don’t use an infant seat).
- LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT DESIGN – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier; The Summer 3Dpac CS+ Double Stroller has a lightweight frame (just 23 lbs.) for quick pick up and go; Plus, an easy compact fold with auto lock and carry strap
- CAR SEAT COMPATIBLE – Use your car seat - no adapter needed; Compatible with Graco SungRide Click Connect, Chicco KeyFit 30, Chicco Fit2, Baby Trend Secure Snap Gear 35 & Summer Affirm 335 only; Only 1 car seat can be used at a time; No snack tray
- MULTI-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little ones comfortable with the multi-position seat recline & leg rests; Plus, the adjustable extra-large canopies have a flip out sun visor & peekaboo window; Maximum weight for this double stroller: 50 lbs per seat
- GROWS WITH BABY – From a baby stroller (through use of your car seat) to a toddler stroller, the 3Dpac CS+ double stroller grows with your babies and will allow for long-term use
- EXTRA STORAGE - With plenty of storage in this stroller, you won’t have to leave anything at home; It includes an extra-large stroller storage basket, child and parent cup holders, and parent storage pockets
Don’t follow those reviews written by people who don’t read the instructions! Honestly, this stroller is of high quality and functions as described. Regarding multiple reviews about this stroller being too long when folded (53 inches to be exact), Graco kept this in mind while making this stroller. If this feels too big, it’s not for you.
a. Built for twins
This small-folding stroller offers a double ride but folds like a single stroller, making it easier to store.
b. Offers multiple options
Comes with a bench seat, 2 stroller seats, and a standing platform for an independent toddler to ride along.
c. Car seat compatibility
Graco Ready2Grow LX 2.0 is compatible with any Graco infant car seat. It also supports two baby seats at the same time.
This car seat stroller is capable of holding 2 kids up to 50 lb in the front seat and 40 lb in the rear seat.
One negative that can become a problem is that this stroller is a little heavy. You may need a little strength to get this stroller in the trunk. Nevertheless, lots of double strollers are either equal to or heavier than this stroller, so not much negative as you just have to get used to it.
Quite lightweight and won’t take up lots of room in your trunk. We tested this on a CRV. It comes with a wide sun canopy and good storage that fits your toddler’s backpack and additional stuff.
It’s uniquely ultra-lightweight for a double stroller and weighs a little below 24 lb.
b. Fabrics made from recyclables
The fabrics are made with recycled materials as part of the manufacturer’s “Do More” promise to:
- reimagine, and
- give back
c. Compact fold
The folding design is thought out with your storage in mind. This only takes up a little space in the trunk when stored.
d. Car seat compatible
It’s cat seat compatible and requires adapters to add the Century Carry On 35 Lightweight Infant Car Seat for a lightweight travel system.
Also, the back seat is designed to recline into a flat infant bassinet.
No major negatives. However, the parent tray looks small though. Your phone and water bottle won’t fit. The kid’s tray also looks small and won’t fit a large water bottle. Perhaps, Century could have made the parent tray detachable for parents to add their storage to it. Lastly, if you need a twin car seat stroller combo with a safety strap, this is not for you. Overall, a decent buy for the money.
- KEEP IT LIGHT: Our ultra-lightweight double stroller weighs in at under 24 lb
- HAPPY PLANET COLLECTION: Fabrics made with recycled materials as part of our Do More promise to Recycle, Reimagine, and Give Back
- ONE-HAND, SELF-STANDING, COMPACT FOLD: Takes up less space in the trunk, closet, or wherever you stash it
- IT'S A MATCH: Adapters included to add a Carry On 35 Lightweight Infant Car Seat to create an ultra-lightweight travel system
- BABY ON BOARD: The back seat reclines into a flat infant bassinet
- Car Seat: Compatible with all Century Infant Car Seats
You’ll absolutely love this stroller. It’s convenient to use and folds up sizeably to fit in the back of a Tahoe, even with all the seats up for your kids. The stroller runs smoothly, even on gravel and dirt, and is easy to maneuver. You can even handle it one-handed while walking your dog all at once.
Note: Don’t use bleach, abrasive, or solvent cleaning materials on this unit.
a. Comfy stroll
Comes with air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension for a smooth baby stroll on any terrain.
b. Easy handling
The handlebar is adjustable and it comes with a hand-operated parking brake for convenient steering and control.
c. Supports up to 4 modes
With 4 different modes, you can personalize your ride using the accessories such as a pram, infant car seat, glider board, child tray, parent console, and more. These are sold separately though.
d. Infant car seats compatible
You can create a travel system using Britax, Cybex, Graco, and Maxi Cosi infant car seats. You’d need to buy the adapters for the infant car seats separately.
e. UV protection design
Its large UV 50+ canopies protect the babies from the sun’s UV rays. You can then peek inside using the magnetic peekaboo windows on the canopies.
The storage bin does not feel large and accessible enough once using the stroller seat. Also, while using the most upright position, there is a slight recline in the seat that could make the baby slouch slightly. Overall: highly recommended and works as advertised.
- Forever air rubber tires with all-wheel suspension provide a comfortable stroll on any terrain
- Adjustable handlebar and hand-operated parking brake provide comfortable steering and control, all within an arm's reach.Do not use bleach, solvents or abrasive cleaning materials
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use with accessories like the infant car seat, pram, glider board, parent console, child tray, and more (sold separately)
- Create a travel system with most Britax, Cybex, Graco, and Maxi Cosi infant car seats (adapters for other brands' infant car seats sold separately)
- Baby Jogger's patented one-step quick-fold technology ensures easy transportation and storage
- Supports children up to 50 lb per seat and Meets Disney size requirements