Not all products make the best car window shades for baby. Usually, the best will not fall off the window, even when it is stinking hot or if it is -15 degrees C. They’d be easy to install, fold and store.
You don’t want car window shades for your baby with a suction cup—they can pull down easily, and degrade faster. Your baby will easily pop them off and you’re left with a hanging curtain.
Besides, babies’ skin burns more easily, so you want to keep your baby out of the sun whenever possible—KidsHealth.
Things to look for when buying car sun shades for babies
Car window shades are not subject to rigorous safety test like others, including car baby sits or even leather seats cover. A car shade is an aftermarket product, meaning it isn’t manufactured by your car’s automaker.
Car shades for babies are unregulated, thus, there’s no guarantee of product safety. The major safety concern of a car window shade is that it can detach in a crash, harming your baby since they’re affixed to the interior.
The design of the window shade determines its safety. Thus, you want to avoid car shades with metal pieces or large plastic that could dislodge and harm the child when you match the brakes suddenly.
Car window shades with plastic clips hooked to the window glass or suction cups can detach in sudden stops and cause injuries to babies. So, when buying a car window sunshade with your baby in mind, look for the following:
a. Stay away from suction cups, metal bars, or clips
Shades with suction cups easily detach. And after a while, the suction no longer clings or sticks well enough. So, if you come to a sudden stop, it detaches. The metal bars or clips can hurt your baby when this window sun shade detaches.
b. Go for softer materials
You want a softer material like a mesh window sock. This material will easily cling to the window, way better than a suction cup.
c. Sturdily attached to the window
Your window shade should be secure or sturdily attached to the window glass or door frame, and not the car seat of your baby.
d. No use of toxic material
You need a window shade made of 100% nontoxic materials.
Best car window shades for baby
Now, what do we recommend for you to buy? The compilation in this section is based on quality tests and real-user reviews. We do not cheer-lead products just because the manufacturer says “it’s good”. Our actual use of these products and gathered information from external testers help us to identify and share both positives and negatives with you.
Below are the best window shades for baby:
1. Car Window Shade XL (4-Pack) – Extra Protective UPF 50+ Protection Sun Shade for Car Window – Car Window Shades for Baby and Kids – Blocks Over 99% of Harmful UV Rays – Strong Static Cling – 21”x14”
The first impression here is that this product is 100% nontoxic for babies. It does not irritate. It’s universal, and no odd negatives.
a. Keeps baby away from UV rays
The general use of car window shade for babies is to keep the UV rays at bay—this does that job. It uses a dense weave semi-transparent and two see-through sets for baby protection from 99% of UV rays in summer.
b. Double layer design
This MiDU&Co car window shade uses a strong, reliable, and protective shading capability. Its dense weave and double-layer design are plausible and we can confirm that the materials used are high-quality.
c. Clings tight
It does not use suction cups, and it clings tight to the window on any vehicle.
Quite tacky because its plastic creates air pockets that make it look cheap from the outside of the car.
Not large window shades for a van window. Nonetheless, sticks well enough and shades the parts of the windows it covers.
- ▦ SAVE YOUR KIDS AND PETS FROM HARMFUL UV RAYS - MiDU&Co Car Window Shade comes with two 21”x14” Dense weave semi-transparent (highest possible) and two 21”x14” See-through set. This carefully selected 2+2 combination provides the ever-best protection during your ride and keep your kids and pets protected from 99% of harmful UV rays. Unlike others, MiDU&Co does not leave any kind of smell (which has a negative effect on child health) as the product is made of 100% Nontoxic materials.
- ▦ BABY AND KIDS FOCUSED DEVELOPED - The temperature inside a car can very quickly climb to dangerous levels. Children are more at risk from heat-related problems than adults because they can lose fluid very quickly and become dehydrated, leading to heat stroke. That's precisely why we developed MiDU&Co Baby Car Window Shade. With (2X) Semi-transparent 21”x14” and (2X) See-through 21”x14” set, you will be perfectly protecting your kids and pets from harmful UV Sun rays and over temperature.
- ▦ THE UNIQUE DOUBLE LAYER DESIGN & MORE - The weaknesses of other sun shades that customers often complain have been considered during the development of our unique Car Sun Shade. Unlike others, MiDU&Co has a strong and protective shading capability thanks to its dense weave double layer design, made of high-quality materials, strong static cling feature and have an adequate large dimension to protect any types of vehicles.
- ▦ EVER BEST STATIC CLING - With the high-level static cling that we have achieved in our developments, you will not experience any non-adhesion or falls, like you struggled in other products. Thanks to this high-level static cling, you will never need the old fashion suction cups.
- ▦ BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS DESERVE THE BEST - MiDU&Co Car Window Shade provides UPF50+ UV protection and will keep all passengers (including our cute friends) cool and comfortable during your travels. We are 100% confident that you’ll love and satisfied with our shades however in case of any reason that make you change your decision, you will be fully refunded, and NO questions asked for this. Take advantage of our offer now and save your loved ones with the best shade in the market!
2. Enovoe Car Window Shade – (4 Pack) – 21″x14″ Premium Cling Sunshade for Car Windows – Sun, Glare and UV Rays Protection for Your Child – Baby Side Window Car Sun Shades
The Enovoe tends to give a fuller coverage —it’s the baby window shade you need for either an SUV, minivan, or large sedan. Easy to install and clings static with no suction cups.
a. High-quality mesh material
Uses high-quality mesh material and is lightweight, strong, and durable with an all-around sturdy wire.
b. Dual layer design
Its dual-layer design adds more protection against UV rays, keeping your baby’s skin safe, and also gives the needed visibility for enhanced driving.
We can confirm that this product blocks up to 99% of harmful UV rays.
c. No suction cups or adhesives
This product uses no annoying suction cups or adhesives. You can also reposition the window shades on your car window at leisure.
d. Easy to store
Just twist, fold and store in its storage pouch. It comes with a storage pouch.
The only negative is that this window sun shade for babies is not attractive on the outside as a result of its wrinkled look. However, the fact that your baby will no longer suffer the sun blazing through the window outweighs aesthetics. Overall, it’s highly recommended.
- ABSOLUTE SUN PROTECTION - Do you want your child exposed to the sun's heat? Mesh fabric design on our car shade side window is Guaranteed to provide protection from sun glare and heat - The car shades for side windows baby blocks over 97% of harmful UV Rays
- FITS MOST CAR - baby window shades for car comes in a pack of 4 - 21” x 14”. These Car Sun shades are designed to fit larger car side windows of SUVs, minivans and full size cars. Our sun shade is a breeze to install. Simply, place the envoe shade on your side windows and run your hand across it. It’s really that simple
- UNIQUE DUAL LAYER DESIGN - car window shade for babies have a dual layer design which gives the best of both sides. Mesh side provides protection while maintaining visibility for driver. This static cling back allows easy car sunshade window application and removal without any adhesives or suction cups. Enjoy your hassle free driving with these side window car sunshade
- AN AUTOMOBILE MUST-HAVE: You’ll wonder how you ever managed without a set of these in your car it also act as a tint windows for car You won’t regret Buying car window shades for side windows
- BEST VALUE ON AMAZON -shades for car windows comes with 2 Free Bonuses valued at $2.9. A Free Premium Pouch to store car window shade with Free E-Book filled with tips for keeping your children safe in the heat
3. kinder Fluff Car Window Shades -Certified Car Sun Shade Blocking 99.95% UVR -Award Winning Car Sunshade as Truck & car Interior Accessories – Car Window Shade for Baby – Car Seat Sun Protection
Kinder Fluff’s car shade for baby is indeed fluff in texture. Its thickness and size are perfect as well, and you get 4 of them. It’s a happy purchase and reliable overall.
a. Keeps out the sun
Unlike most car window shades, this particular one is certified to block up to 99.79% of UVA and 99.95% of UVB. It does pretty in keeping out the sun and ensuring a cooler interior.
b. Transparent enough
It uses 2 transparent and 2 semi-transparent car window cover you can use according to your baby’s need.
Made of 120 GSM, 15S film. It’s quite unique and durable. Does not degrade to exposure to sunlight.
Not only are these sun shades universal, but they’re also easily foldable and fit any windows. The shades measure 20”x12”.
Read also: if car window won’t go up, here’s a fix
It interests you to know that it doesn’t use annoying suction cups.
The biggest negative is low visibility. Don’t get this wrongly—it is not so low that you can’t see the outside. You’d also have to remove the shades at night or when it’s cloudy, like other window shades, to improve visibility. Otherwise, no downside to discuss.
- The only car window shades CERTIFIED to block 99.79% of UVA & 99.95% of UVB. SPF100 & UPF 50+
- This set contains 2 transparent & 2 semi-transparent car window covers to use according to your need
- Made of 120 GSM,15S Film & a unique clamp, it's the most durable automotive interior sun protection
- These foldable baby car window shades are designed to fit any windows . Each car shade is 20"x12"
- Best as baby shower gift, car accessories for men, women , babies & pet in car,truck,suv,van,bus.
4. EcoNour Baby Car Window Shades – 20″x12″ (4 Pack) | Car Side Window Sun Shade for Baby with Total Sun Glare, Heat and UV Protection | Back Window Sunshade Blocker for Car
One thing our EcoNour gets right is “absolute sun protection”. It won’t allow harmful UV rays to reach your baby and offers SPF protection. It measures 20″ x 12″, a perfect universal size you can position anywhere on your car window.
a. Dual protection layer
Designed with a dual-layer—120 GSM mesh fabric (semi-transparent) and 80 GSM mesh (transparent)—to keep UVA and UVB rays away from infants.
b. No suction cups
The design of this window car shade adheres with clinginess without leaving residue behind after removing it. It uses a unique static cling technology that gives aesthetic look on the outside.
c. Easy installation
Quite hassle-free to install within a few seconds. Just roll it up, use a damp cloth to wipe the car windows, and stick this shade on your rear to protect the baby from sunlight.
Fits most cars, including SUVs. Make sure to overlap the shades for better coverage.
Honestly, it’s just simple, effective, and excellent. No downsides.
5. Shade Sox Universal Fit Car Side Window Baby Sun Shade (2 Pack) | Protects Your Baby and Older Kids from The Sun, Fits All (99%) Cars! Most Mid Size SUV’s
This Shade Sox is universal, one fit for all cars. It does just the job you buy it for—protect babies from high temperatures and bright sunlight. It also has its downsides, but not enough to keep it from being the best car window shade for babies.
a. Precision UV protection
Does the job as mentioned earlier by keeping UV at bay to make the baby happy. It also reduces heat in the interior, so your baby never gets overheated or burned.
b. Easy installation
It’s a flexible, stretchy mesh, and so unlike others on this list. You install it by pulling it down over the door while it’s open. It’s stretchy, so it fits almost all cars to a maximum of 44.3″ x 20 “.
c. Roll down the windows without removing the shades
Its design makes it easy to roll down the windows without removing the shade. The mesh is breathable, so roll down the windows when you want your baby to breathe a nice breeze from the outside while protecting from the blazing sun.
Its unique design comes with some downsides that don’t really matter.
First, these shades could stand to be a bit bigger and their blind spot may be bothering some people.
Also, since half of this car window shade is on the outside of your window, the fabric could be easily torn by a vandal passing by.
Read also: tips to prove a vandal keyed your car
While on the freeway, you can hear the wind blow through the cloth. Lastly, it tends to limit visibility out the driver-side back window.
Here are your best options, and we’ve taken the time to make sure you get only the best and most affordable car window shade to meet your baby’s needs in the car. Your baby may not mention it, but they need this sun shade to keep their soft skin and eyes protected from the harsh sun.
- Symptoms Of A Bad Brake Light Switch (& Replacement Cost) - November 25, 2022
- Boost Leak Symptoms – Diagnosis, Causes & Fix - November 23, 2022
- ESP Light – Meaning, Function & Causes (& How To Fix It) - November 22, 2022