If you want the inside of your car to smell clean, you want the best smelling car interior cleaner. Perhaps, you’ve tried air freshener and they came out atrocious.
Lots of air fresheners can contain harmful ingredients like volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are synthetic chemicals that can stay suspended in the air. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mentions over 10 adverse health effects caused by VOC exposure, including:
- visual disorder
- headaches, and
- loss of coordination
You don’t want this exposure just to have your vehicle smell clean while driving. Moreover, VOC can result in long-term effects like kidney disease, central nervous system damage, and cancer. Thus, you need a car cleaner that not only produces a good smell but that relies on organic materials.
Best smelling car interior cleaner
This list has been thoroughly reviewed to make sure any decision you make is the best. We’re not of those paid-to-publish webmasters, so we carefully filter out undesirable products in your interest.
Below are the best smelling car interior cleaners you should buy:
1. Adam’s Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant (16oz) – Car Interior Quick Detailer & SiO2 Protection – Ceramic Infused UV Protection, Anti-Static, OEM Finish – For Leather, Vinyl, Plastics, Glass & More
This car cleaner offers great value for the money. The smell is calm and boosts that factory-clean aroma. Leaves no grease, slip, or gloss and dries crispy matte surfaces—you can use this cleaner on any interior surface.
Adam’s Total interior cleaner has a “Maine blueberry” scent.
b. Goes on most surfaces
You can use this vehicle interior cleaner on surfaces like the dashboard, handles, consoles, shifters, cupholders, pleather, some upholstery, fabric seat, headliner, vinyl, and more.
c. Offers UV rays protection
If you live in a sunny state, apply this cleaner on your car leather, dashboard, and other components exposed to sun rays to protect from fading and cracking—this cleaner contains ceramic SiO2 for UV protection.
The only dislike you may have for this product is its blueberry scent. If a blueberry scent is too fruity for your taste, this is not for you. It sometimes even smells like fruit punch, so much that you want to take a gulp. This is nothing for most people, so this product has no downside to talk about.
- ✅ ALL IN ONE INTERIOR CAR CLEANING FORMULA - Cleans, conditions and protects with advanced ceramic coating SiO2 infused technology. Packed with UV blocking agents, odor neutralizers, & prevents anti-static dust build-up.
- ✅ ANTI-STATIC | UV PROTECTION | AIR FRESHENER | CLEANER | RESTORER - Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant is safe to use on frequently touched surfaces such as; electronics, steering wheels, door panels, handles, shifters, touch screens, radios/stereos, cup holders, consoles, dashboards, leatherette, trim, pleather, rug, headliner, rubber, vinyl, flooring, glass, cloth, plastic, some upholstery & fabric seats & more
- ✅ STAY PROTECTED AFTER EACH USE - Your dashboard accessories, car seats & leather stay in constant contact with the sun, draining them of the factory finish and speeding up the aging process! Ceramic SiO2 UV protection combats the detrimental effects of the sun and makes future clean ups easier.
- ✅ MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING DIRT, GRIME, DUST, & BODY OILS - Quick & easy application makes interior detailing easier, giving you more time to enjoy behind the wheel! Remove dust, oils, and unwanted grime from any interior surface. Adam’s Total Interior Cleaner restores your interior surfaces back to a like new OEM factory appearance.
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & USA MADE - At Adam’s, we strive to bring the BEST car cleaning supplies, auto detailing kits, washing accessories, microfiber towels, waxes, sealants, ceramic coatings, mops, brushes, mitts, sponges, garage tools, applicators & other high-quality car cleaning products to the car care industry. If you are not satisfied, let us know & we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
Just spray this Chemical Guys SPI_663_16 on your car’s interior surface and then wipe it off—you’re done. After some hours, you’ll get a satisfying look and smell.
This qualifies as the best smelling car interior cleaner due to its pleasant pineapple scent. It smells appetizing.
b. Stays longer on the surface
This product stays longer to keep your cleaned surface naturally fresh for long. It is blended with anti-static properties for this effect.
c. Cleans various interior surfaces
This innerClean is usable on your car’s LCD screens, vinyl, plastic, and non-tinted glass. Any surface it cleans will deliver that factory-fresh OEM appearance.
d. Contains UV rays blocker
Contains superior UV blocking properties that will prevent the sun from discoloring or cracking your interior surfaces like the dashboard.
No negatives. However, some people may not like the pineapple scent that reminds you of a sleazy taxi. Fortunately, this pineapple scent is quite subtle and dissipates very quickly. Overall, an effective interior cleaner for any detailing campaign.
Note that the BOD is the production date and not the expiration date.
- Removes dirt, dust, and body oils
- Cleans, conditions, and protects your interior
- OEM factory appearance
- Advanced UV protection
- Quick and easy application
- Note: BOD on the product are not expiration dates; Those are the dates that the item was produced
The result after detailing with this Griot’s Garage cleaner is impressive. It leaves no oily/slick residue or streaks. It gives a consistent minimal shine without gloss and the smell is subtle.
This product adds a fresh citrus scent to your car interior.
b. Works great on most surfaces
You can use this on metal, glass, plastic, vinyl, leather, and even the screen in your car’s interior. Picks dust, dirt, and fingerprints in a breeze.
c. Dust resistance
Uses an anti-static technology to resist dust build-up. Moreover, it cleans without leaving any greasy feel or residue.
It’s a little higher in cost compared to other cheaper budget best smelling cleaners for car interior. However, it does the job just how you want it and is highly recommended for purchase.
- Proprietary formula is safe for all interior surfaces including glass, plastic, vinyl, leather, rubber, wood, and screens/monitors
- Quickly and effectively dusts and cleans solid surfaces leaving behind a streak free natural finish
- Protects against harmful UVA/UVB rays
- Pleasant fragrance freshens up your interior
- Produces no suds and provides a quick wipe off
Read also: parking mode dash cam to buy
4. Chemical Guys SPI22016 Total Interior Cleaner and Protectant, Safe for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Jeeps, Motorcycles, RVs & More, 16 fl. oz
All you have to do is spray and dab it up on most surfaces in your car interior. After a couple of hours, all dirt, grime, mud, and dust should be magically gone—literally everything.
This interior car cleaner gives up a fresh baby powder scent.
b. Gentle formula
The formula is not harsh, and won’t leave stains, spots, or etch sensitive materials in the interior of your car.
c. UV rays protection
It keeps the surfaces protected from fading and discoloration from UV solar rays exposure.
d. Works on most surfaces
Apply this cleaner on most of your interior surfaces, including dashboard, navigation screens, plastic, vinyl, leather, cloth, carpet, and chrome, to mention a few.
If your car interior is very dirty, consider switching to Car Guys super cleaner, then apply 303 UV protectant on your dashboard or 303 or trinova fabric protector on your seats in addition to the Car Guys. This cleaner will clean excellently in a car with decent maintenance. Overall, it is superior at what it does and is highly recommended.
- Cleans and protects virtually all car interior surfaces
- Gentle formula won't spot, stain, or etch sensitive materials
- Protects against fading and discoloration from harsh UV solar rays
- Safe for dashboards, windshields, nav screens, leather, vinyl, cloth, carpet, plastic, wood dashboard trim, chrome, rubber, and much more
This leaves a matte finish on your cleaned interior car surface instead of an unnatural shine, the type you see on low-quality car cleaners.
Not very scented but naturally has a nice, clean scent—subtle smell.
b. Can clean most surfaces
This cleans various surfaces in the cabin, including leather, plastics, vinyl, rubber, metal, LCD, and navigation screens.
Read also: you keep dogs? Protect your leather seats
c. Mild formula
Comes with a gentle, high-lubricity formula that cleans quickly. It lifts dirt, grime, dust, and spills in a breeze while restoring your car’s original appearance. Leaves no greasy feel or gloss—all natural.
d. UV rays protection
It contains protectants against sun rays to keep the surfaces from aging, fading, cracking, and drying too quickly.
e. Uses a spray bottle
If you prefer to spray, this comes in a spray bottle for a more convenient application and faster touch-ups.
It seems the spray nozzle does not fit properly, so when you spray, the liquid tends to spill or drip when holding the bottle at an angle. The solution is to tightly screw on the nozzle to stop the drippage or spillage. Overall, this is highly recommended and effective on most interior surfaces of your vehicle.
- Quick interior cleaner safely cleans and protects all interior car surfaces including plastics, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal and even LCD and navigation screens
- Gentle, high-lubricity formula quickly cleans, lifting dust, dirt, grime and spills while restoring the surface’s original appearance
- Interior protectant contains sun-blocking agents to guard against aging, fading, cracking and drying
- Convenient spray bottle lets you apply this interior car cleaner quickly and easily for fast touch-ups
- Improved deeper cleaning formula leaves a dark, rich shine without a greasy appearance or feel
6. Car Interior Cleaner Wipes by Armor All, Car Cleaning Wipes with Orange Cleans Dirt and Dust in Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles, 25 Count
If you absolutely hate cleaning your car, these wipes will make cleaning the interior a breeze.
It gives up orange scent/fragrance. Quite pleasant and subtle.
b. Disposable wipes
Use the wipes and dispose of them after effectively cleaning your interior.
c. Natural finish
This is lint-free and won’t leave a greasy residue. Guaranteed natural, matte finish, unlike most cheap cleaners that leave surfaces glossy and end up attracting dirt, dust, and grime.
d. Works on most interior car parts
You can use this cleaner on your vinyl, dashboard, fabric, carpet, consoles, and leather, to mention a few.
No negatives to talk about. This product won’t dry out, damage, or fade your interior car surfaces.
We quite prefer the spray to the wipes—the wipes tend to miss areas more and you need more than one. Nonetheless, this product will make your dash and other interior components look nice.
- Effective cleaning in a convenient and disposable wipe
- Natural, matte finish leaves behind a subtle orange fragrance
- Easily removes ground-in dirt, dust and grime
- Great for the whole car (dash, vinyl, fabric, carpet, consoles, leather, and more)
- Won’t dry out, damage, or fade automotive surfaces
- Lint-free – won’t leave greasy residue on hands
7. Car Air Freshener Protectant Spray by Armor All, Car Interior Cleaner with UV Protection Against Cracking and Fading, Cool Mist, 16 Fl Oz
Armor is a good way to protect your interior surfaces without any unnatural, shiny finish—the scent is great too.
It has a cool mist scent.
b. UV rays protection
Good for protecting your surfaces against UV damage. UV rays will typically make your interior surfaces like the dash crack, fade, and discoloration, so you need this cleaner for the protection job.
c. No greasy finish after clean
It leaves a medium shine without a greasy finish. It also makes your interior feel renewed and revitalizes vinyl, rubber, and plastic.
A decent product for the price, no downside whatsoever. Just buy one today before the price goes up due to higher demand.
- Protects against UV damage to help prevent cracking, fading and discoloration of automotive interiors
- Enhances depth of color with a medium shine, leaving a non-greasy finish
- Renews and revitalizes vinyl, rubber and plastic
- Shields against dust, dirt and lint buildup
- Trusted Armor All protection with a Cool Mist scent
How to use a cleaner to detail your car interior
a. Prep the interior
First, clean excess dust and dirt to make your cleaner more effective. Make sure the interior surfaces are cool and dry before application.
b. Apply the cleaner
If your cleaner comes in a spray bottle, shake it well before use. Go ahead and mist the interior surfaces with the protectant.
If yours requires wipes, work the wipes carefully on the surface you want to clean. Don’t apply excessive protectants on the wipes.
c. Wipe and dry the surface
Use a clean microfiber towel to evenly wipe the surface. You don’t want the product to self-dry to avoid forming lint and streaks on the surface.
Always refer to the vehicle and aftermarket equipment manual for the specific surface for instructions on cleaning them.